- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 medium turnip peeled and quartered and sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 onion cut peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red sweet red pepper cut into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 tbs dried
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a great crowd pleasing healthy side dish that can be prepared start to finish in about an hour.
- In a lightly oiled glass baking dish combine the potatoes, turnips, carrots and onion.
- Combine oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and coat vegetables.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven covered for 45 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Add the red pepper to dish and toss.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender(stirring occasionally)