Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 4 strips of thick sliced bacon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs of unsalted butter
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Wash and remove root end from the Brussels sprouts.
- In a food processor using the slicing blade, feed the sprouts through the tube to slice thinly/shred (if you don’t have a food processor you may slice the sprouts thinly with a sharp knife.
- Chop bacon into a medium dice.
- In a saute pan that has a cover, add the bacon and saute using medium heat until slightly crispy.
- Add in the shredded Brussels sprouts and saute gently with bacon for 2 minutes.
- Cover and lower heat and cover. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and olive oil, and mix gently.
- Serve at once.