- 1 lb of skinless cod filet
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary for garnish
Cod is a wonderful white fleshed fish and is ideal for baking. Bechamel sauce with lemon and parsley bring out the delicate flavor of the fish.
- Put fish in a shallow baking dish with a lid and squeeze the lemon juice over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 1/4 cup of water and cover tightly.
- Bake fish in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the bechamel sauce by melting butter in a saute pan.
- Add the flour and stir continiously with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the milk slowly and mix well. Bring to a boil until sauce thickens.
- Place the fish on a serving platter and drain slightly.
- Add the cooking juices for the fish to the sauce and mix well. Gently reheat but do not boil.
- Adjust seasoning, and garnish with rosemary
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve.