- 1 lb lump crab meat (you may alternatively used Dunganess, Snow, or king crab cut into 1 inch lumps)
- 2 red Serrano or Jalapeno chilies, seeds removed and cut into dice
- 1 shallot cut into dice
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 head butter lettuce
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 avocado's sliced (place one slice of avocado into each lettuce package)
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- In a large bowl add the crab meat, peppers, shallots, peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl add the mustard and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add the dressing to the crab meat and mix.
- On a platter separate the butter lettuce into lettuce cups. Place a tbs or a little more of the crab mixture in each lettuce cup. Add avocado.
- Squeeze lime juice over crab and avocado.
- The lettuce crab cups can be eaten like a taco.