Classic Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water or chicken stock
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs finely chopped onion or shallots
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Of all of the long grain rice varieties, jasmine has in our opinion the best flavor and texture.If you like you can add a pinch of saffron to to take this rice to a new level of flavor.
- Place butter and minced onion in a heavy sauce pan., Saute over medium heat until soft.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a slow simmer.
- Cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed..About 20 minutes…Do not remove cover from pan while cooking.