- 2 lbs of beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbs fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
The French do not normally cook over charcoal, but this method using red wine and thyme lends savory Provencal flavors to this tender meat.
- In a glass bowl combine wine, olive oil, salt, onion , thyme, rosemary and mix well.
- Add steak cubes and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Spread cracked pepper on a flat plate.
- Thread steak cubes on skewers.
- Press one side of the steak into the cracked pepper.
- Cook kebabs over hot charcoal, turning once about 3 minutes on each side for medium rare.