- 2 lbs small red potatoes (the smaller the better) you may leave skin on or off.
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbs white wine wine, champagne or tarragon vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh tarragon ( or 1 tbs dried)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This is a mayonnaise free version of potato salad, flavored with white wine, Dijon mustard and spices. We’re sure it will be a welcome addition to your favorite recipes.
- In a large stock pot, place potatoes (unpeeled) and cover with cold water. Add 2 tsp of salt to the water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until just tender. The potatoes should be “almost” tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and return to the warm pot over low heat for a few minutes to dry, stirring gently a few times.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to a bowl.
- Add the shallot and wine. Toss and let the wine soak in for 10 minutes, gently stirring.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine vinegar and mustard. Add the olive oil a little at a time, whisking constantly
- Pour over the potatoes and mix well.
- Season with tarragon, salt and pepper.
- This salad may be served warmed or chilled.