- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tbs dark molasses
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2/3 cup of shredded cooked chicken, pork or chopped shrimp (or a mixture of the three)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
This is an easy soup which uses chicken stock as a base with added ingredients to achieve a true Indonesian flavor profile.You can find the recipe for a proper chicken stock by using our search engine.
- In a large pot heat the stock, soy sauce, molasses, lemon juice, peanut butter, peanuts and garlic.
- Simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the meat and scallions and return to a simmer.
- Serve hot.