- 1 lb sushi grade tuna steak
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 12 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- Carrot 1 carrot
- Tomato Small
- Serrano chili sliced thin into rounds 1
- Fresh Lemon Juice 1 lemon
- Kosher salt To taste
- Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Black pepper To taste
This is a wonderful salad that is quite prominent in Tahiti. It consists of fresh sushi grade tuna, fresh vegetables and coconut milk. Traditionally in Tahiti they don’t use hot chilies in this dish. We added them to give it a little zip. Serves 4. Recipe may be doubled.
- Cut tuna into 1 inch cubes. Add to a nonreactive bowl.
- Add onion, cucumber, carrot, Serrano, lemon juice and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 1 hour and serve.