Apricot Fruit Dip With Vanilla Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 8 oz container of plain yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
This is a delicious dip that marries fruit flavor with vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. This is a great healthy snack for kids and adults alike.
- In a nonreactive saucepan using medium heat, combine the apricots and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, stirring frequently.
- As apricots become tender, crush them with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 20 minutes more until all the juice is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and stir well.
- Add apple sauce and spices. Mix well
- Place in a bowl, cover and cool.
- Add yogurt and place in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve as a dip with a variety of fresh fruits, such as strawberries, bananas and apple slices.
- This is also a great sauce to serve over pound cake.