- 1 lb of jumbo lump crab meat or king or snow crab cut into large chunks
- 1 pound of asparagus tips and upper tender stalks, cut on a diagonal
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 head of butter lettuce or radicchio or a combination of both (optional)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oil
- Lemon wedges
This a perfect salad to use fresh spring asparagus with flaky crab meat. The recipe is written for lump blue crab meat,but you may use king or snow crab. Recipe may be doubled.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add some salt and the asparagus tips a cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and add the asparagus to an ice bath.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the crab with 1/2 of the dressing and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the butter leaves and radicchio leaves alternately in a circle on 4 individual serving plates.
- Chop the remaining butter lettuce and radicchio and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Add the crab meat and asparagus to the bowl and drizzle with the remaining dressing, and mix well.
- Distribute the salad evenly among 4 plates and serve.