- 1 small celery root, cut into strips
- extra virgin olive oil
- 5 basil leaves, Julienned
- 2 medium fuji apples, cut into strips
- Canola oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp unsalted buter
- 2 tbs applejuice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- lemon and lime zest
Celery root is a under used vegetable.It is bright and crispy with a faint taste of celery. It is perfect paired with crispy tart apples. Grilling brings out an super sweet flavor.
- Cut top and bottom off celery root. Peel it.
- Cut intl thin slices about 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush wilh olive oil and cook on a preheated grill on medium heat about 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and tender.
- Core apples and cut horixontally into 1/4 inch round slices, then in Julienne
- Brush with canola oil and grill aboutt 5 minutes per side turning once or twice.
- On a small platter, alternate slices of grilled celery root and apples.( mix together if you are making this dish as a raw salad.
- Combine lemon juice, butter, apple juice, salt and pepper in a small sauce pan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and drizzle over apples and celery root.