Jamaican Spiced Jerk Rubbed Chicken
This is a quick version of authentic Jamaican jerk. This is a great recipe to use in a pinch. You can marinate the chicken for several hours and be ready for the grill. For an in depth recipe for jerk use our search engine.
- 2 lb skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 Serrano or jalapeno peppers. If you like spicy leave the seeds in.
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and process into a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken and place it in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Cook over charcoal for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is firm to the touch or registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.