Rice Pilaf with Egg Noodles Pine Nuts and Honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fine egg noodles
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups hot chicken stock (use search engine for recipe or used canned)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbs honey
This a delicious Middle Eastern dish. Super simple.
- In a medium sauce pan melt 3 tbs of butter over moderate heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute, stirring about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, noodles and cinnamon and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot stock, bring quickly to a boil, then cover and place over low heat until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed.
- In a small saute pan melt 1 tbs of butter over moderate heat.
- When foaming add pine nuts and saute until light golden brown. Remove nuts from heat and stir in honey..
- Be careful as pine nuts burn very easily.
- When rice is finished, remove from heat.
- Combine the honey nut mixture with the rice.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.