- 1 small red onion chopped
- juice from 2 fresh limes
- 2 cups of fresh fruit, cubed (peaches, mango, pineapple)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- juice from 1 orange
- 1 or 2 Serrano or Jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This is a spicy salsa that uses fruit as a base. You may serve it alone or over chicken, fish or any meat for that matter.
- Combine all ingredients in a large non reactive bowl and gently mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.