Charcoal Roasted Bell Peppers
Roasted bell peppers are absolutely delicious. They may be roasted over a gas burner on your stove or under a hot broiler. However the best way in our opinion is to roast them over charcoal. The Smokey flavor that is developed is incomparable to any other method.
- You may use a combination of bell peppers. Red, green, Yellow or Orange. The Yellow and Orange tend to be sweete
- Place whole bell peppers directly on the grill rack over hot charcoal. Roast for about 15 minutes, turning frequently till all the skin is evenly charred.
- When done remove and add to a large zip lock bag. Zip the bag shut and let the peppers steam for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Once the peppers have steamed, remove them from the bag. The skin will pull away easily.
- Remove the stem and seeds and slice the peppers in the desired side.
- You may store the peppers covered in olive oil in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. But it is best to use them right away.
- These peppers are delicious as is or you may serve them as additions to other dishes.