Diana Ross’ Favorite Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 lb unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 7 oz pkg, flaked coconut
- 12 oz pkg.semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz pkg. broken pecans
I discovered that Wally Amos was a former Motown executive and during that time period he was making cookies and his biggest fans were Diana Ross and the Supreme s. We understand that Diana Ross encouraged him to sell his cookies on the open market and low and behold “Famous Amos” is a cookie that we all know and love. After some research here is the recipe from Wally Amos himself.
- Combine as listed and shape into 2 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- You may adjust baking time. If you prefer chewier cookies reduce baking time. If you prefer crispier cookies increase baking time.
- When cookies come out of the oven remove from baking sheet at once to pevent further cooking.
- Cool, then serve.