Belgian Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 and 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chervil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs hazelnut oil (optional)
- 6 slices of good bread, fresh or toasted
- 1 medium radish, thinly sliced
- Vegetables crudities for dipping (optional)
Belgian food has a lot of French influences. This is an easy to make cheese full of herbs and full flavors. Serves 4. Adapted from Every Body Eats Well in Belgium which is available in our Amazon store.
- In a blender, blend cottage cheese until smooth.
- Remove to a large bowl, add vinegar, shallot, parsley and chervil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add hazelnut oil if using.
- Serve on thick slices of good bread and decorate with radish slices.