Chinese Beef Lo Mein
- 1/2 lb Lo Mein noodles
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1/2 lb flank steak, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs miso
- 1 tsp sugar
- Chili puree with garlic (available in Asian markets)
Much better than carry out. Full of Asian flavors.This is the real thing. Super simple.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Toss noodles with sesame oil.
- Saute beef in peanut until brown and not quite crispy. About 5 minutes.
- Remove beef and add garlic and vegetables.
- Stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, miso and sugar.
- Stir fry for 1 minute more then add beef