Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Lemon
- 8 lamb or rib chops cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Rosemary and lemon bring out the earthy flavors of Lamb. This recipe use those flavors with the addition of balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Trim fat from chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chops in a zip lock bag and set in a shallow dish.
- For the marinade combine the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, rosemary and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Pour over chops.
- Marinate refrigerated for at least 4 hours and up to 24. Turn chops occasionally to insure they are marinated completely.
- Drain chops and discard marinade.
- Grill chops over medium hot charcoal until desired doneness (medium rare is preferable)