Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
- 1 broiling or frying chicken, washed and cut into 8 pieces (you may purchase a chicken that is already cut into pieces)
- 2 tbs butter, room temperature
- 1 tbs dried thyme
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 medium peeled potatoes cut into quarters
This is a healthy super simple delicious chicken recipe. Fresh lemon juice really brings out the flavor of chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix butter with oil, oregano and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Brush chicken on all sides with mixture.
- Arrange chicken with skin side down in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and baste with pan juices, and turn chicken over. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes on the same baking sheet with the chicken.
- Season the potatoes with thyme, salt and pepper, and bake for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Arrange on a serving platter and pour drippings all over.