Black Eyed Pea Salsa
- 1 16 oz can of black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
This is another way to use the wonderful flavor of black eyed peas. You may serve this as a salad, use it as a salsa draped over tacos or enchiladas, or with tortilla chips for dipping. The possible uses are endless.
- Combine all ingredients in a large non reactive bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours.