- 1 lb of fresh mussels, cleaned and cooked
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple
- 3 tbs of red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
These mussels are absolutely delicious in this red curry sauce made with coconut milk,pineapple, red curry paste and fish sauce.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place mussels in a large sauce pan with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- As soon as mussels open drain the pan and remove the mussels from their shells and set aside.
- In another sauce pan add the coconut milk, pineapple, red curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add mussels and let stand for 2 or 3 minutes
- Serve in a bowl over jasmine rice.