- 3 cups of unpeeled apples cored and cubed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups of seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup broken walnuts
This is a classic Waldorf salad that uses the addition of elbow macaroni. It contains apples, grapes, celery and walnuts along with a savory sour cream dressing. 4 to 6 servings.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Cut apples and sprinkle lemon juice over them to prevent discoloration.
- Combine the apples with the grapes, celery, macaroni.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the sour cream and mix well.
- Combine the salad with the dressing and gently mix.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and serve.