- 4 slices Wisconsin fontina cheese
- 1 lb ground chuck 80/20
- 8 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 4 tbs Guacamole
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 strips bacon
- mixed greens for garnish
- 8 grilled sourdough slices
This cheese burger teases the taste buds with sliced heirloom tomatoes, Wisconsin Fontina cheese, guacamole, sliced red onions, bacon, lettuce atop grilled sourdough bread. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- Form four patties from the ground chuck (1/4 lb each)
- In a saute pan fry the bacon until almost crispy.
- Fry the hamburger patties in the same patty until medium (about 4 minutes on each side)
- In the last two minutes of cooking add the cheese slices to the burger.
- Place bread slices on a stove top grill or under an broiler and grill until slightly golden.
- To assemble burgers place some mixed greens on the bottom on the roll followed by several slices of tomatoes, and several slices of red onion
- Place the burger atop, add the bacon and guacamole then top with the remaining bread slice.