Antilles Chicken Souse
- 3 lbs cut up broiler/fryer chicken
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 quart of water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This recipe comes for the Netherlands, Antilles but a similar preparation is served all over the Caribbean.
- Wash and dry chicken and add to a large stock pot.
- Cover with water and the remaining ingredients.
- boil chicken with all ingredients at medium heat.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer at low heat for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
- Serve with additional lemon juice and red or green pepper.