- 1/4 lb of brie cheese, rind removed, cut into cubes
- 1/4 lb of bacon, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 stalk of young celery, minced
- 1 oz of unsalted butter
- 1 half and half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp canola oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
This recipe marries the creamy flavorful richness of Brie cheese with smokey bacon. Absolutely delicious and sure to become one of you favorite soups.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the shallot and celery and saute using medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the flour, stir well with a wooden spoon until flour has been incorporated into the butter. About 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In another pan fry the bacon until slightly crispy.
- After the soup simmers for 20 minutes add the half and half and mix well.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Once cheese has melted add the bacon, then simmer for another 5 minutes.