- 30 scallions
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Romesco sauce for dipping
This is a a great dish to serve at a cook out or festive meal.
- Add the onions to a grill over hot charcoal.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Re arrange onions on grill to make sure they are cooking evenly and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove scallions from the grill and wrap tightly in newspaper packages. 10 onions per package.
- Place the news paper packages in a covered container, and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve with bowl of fresh Romesco sauce for dipping.