Garbanzo Pasta Salad
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni or other small pasta
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers,drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar or lemon juice
This is a super simple salad that can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. It has a middle eastern spin with the flavors chick peas, garlic, parsley and oregano.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse and cool.
- In a large bowl combine all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and mix well
- Chill if desired and serve.