- 2 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 cup chicken broth or fish stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This recipe marries a flavorful broth of fish stock, white wine, garlic,bell pepper, parsley and butter with sweet little neck clams.
- Place the clams in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp.
- Add the chicken broth, white wine, garlic, chopped red peppers, parsley and butter.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until clams open.
- Add the clams to a bowl along with the juices.
- Toss everything together until it’s well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.