- 2 egg
- 2 lb ground beef
- 6 tbs crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 onion, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 8 oz can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cups beef broth or 4 bullion cubes and 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp kitchen bouquet
- mashed potatoes
This is a Mom friendly recipe that reminds many of their favorite childhood meal.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage.
- Add the beef and mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- In a saute pan cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side using medium heat until browned. Drain
- Place patties on platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet saute mushrooms in butter for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and blend well. Add broth or bullion cubes and whisk until mixture is smooth. Add more water or broth if necessary.
- Stir in kitchen bouquet.
- Return patties to gravy and cook using medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.