Apricot Honey Bread with Walnuts and Raisins
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
This is delicious bread flavored with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and apricots. 12 servings.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, honey egg and oil in a separate bowl.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in apricots, walnuts and raisins.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a wooden tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.