Chocolate Almond Crisps
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3 tbs rum
- 14 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 and 1/4 cups toasted chopped almonds
- 3 tbs finely chopped candied lemon peel
These are delicious candies with raisins, chocolate and almonds along with splash of rum.
- Put raisins in a medium bowl and add rum.
- Cover and let steep overnight
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
- Cool slightly then add to to raisin rum mixture along with the almonds and candied peel.
- Take small amounts of mixture with a teaspoon and place in mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Let dry slightly then refrigerate until firm.