Frosted Cinnamon Spice Cookies
- 1 lb of honey
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- generous pinch each of nutmeg, coriander, ginger, allspice and cardamon
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 6 and 2/3 cups flour
- For the Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 to 4 tbs water
These delicious cookies are flavored with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamon, allspice and ginger. With the addition of sugar and honey they become a flavor sensation.
- To make cookie dough, warm honey over low heat until liquid.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, coriander, ginger, allspice, cardamom and white pepper.
- Mix in flour gradually.
- Knead thoroughly to make a dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
- Lightly grease baking sheets with cooking spray
- Form dough into small balls about 1 inch across.
- Place on baking sheets leaving several inches between to allow for expansion.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown.
- To make frosting, blend powdered sugar and water in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Coat cookies with hot frosting.
- Cool and serve.