Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Salmon
- 1/2 lb of salmon fillet,skin removed
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 fresh Haas avocados, halved and seeded, optional
- 2 scallions chopped
- Sprigs of cilantro or chives for garnish
This a version of Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, which in Hawaii uses a variety of fish. This version used salmon along with sweet onions, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro to season the salmon. The salmon can be served in a bowl or in avocado cups if desired.
- Place the salmon in a plastic bag and rub both sides with salt.
- Close the bag and chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Rinse the salmon thoroughly and soak in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once after 15 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the bowl and pat fish dry with paper towels
- Dice the fish and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato, onion and scallions and toss gently to combine.
- Mound the salmon mixture onto each avocado half.
- Garnish with cilantro or chives and serve.