- 2 cups of canned black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
This is a simple to prepare condiment that is quite prevalent in Korean cuisine. The beans have a sweet nutty taste that is off set by the salty soy sauce.
- Rinse beans and drain them.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the beans.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and rinse out the pan.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add the beans and maple syrup.
- Boil for 3 minutes, then add the sugar and soy sauce
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced to form a thick rich sauce.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Transfer the cooled beans to a dish and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.