Chinese Cabbage Chive and Onion Salad
- 2 ozs of Chinese garlic chives (available at Asian markets)
- 1/4 wedge of savoy cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/4 wedge of red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/4 onion wedge, sliced thinly
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 and 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste.
This is delicious crunchy salad with cabbage leaves, dressed with chili powder and soy dressing.
- Trim the ends off the chives and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- Soak the onion and red and savoy cabbage in two separate bowls of ice water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the onion and cabbage, then combine them with the chives in a large bowl. Mix.
- For the dressing, combine the soy sauce, chili powder, sesame seeds, oil, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl. Mix well
- Season salad with salt and white pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.