Green Beans with Sour Cream and Bacon
- 1 lb of cut fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, diced cooked and drained on paper towels
This is a super simple creamy green beans side dish.
- Cook beans in boiling slated water until tender. about 10 minutes.
- Cook onion in butter until soft and transparent.
- Blend in flour, sugar, parsley and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and comes to a boil.
- Stir in the vinegar.
- Add cooked beans and sour cream.
- Place over low heat, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Serve at once topped with bacon.