Buttermilk Parmesan Potatoes
- 14 small potatoes, peeled and cubed ( we like Yukon Gold)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp each of kosher salt and fresh cracked
- black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
This is a delicious side dish that is perfect for a family or holiday gathering.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a (9×13) baking dish.
- Arrange the potatoes over the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbs of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook stirring occasionally until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tbs of butter and melt.
- Sprinkle flour and salt and pepper and cook mixture, stirring constantly until flour is light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Continue to stir the flour mixture while gradually pouring in the milk and butter milk.
- Return mixture to boiling.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and cook for 2 minutes until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake for 1/2 hour and stir.
- Bake for another 1/2 hour longer and stir in remaining Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes more or until top is bubbly and golden.