- 1 lb of brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- parsley or chives for garnish
This soup is very silky with wonderful cheesy flavor.
- In a stock pot, saute the onion and celery in the butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour to make a light roux, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low and slowly stir in the milk and chicken stock, using a whisk to insure the mixture is smooth.
- Raise the heat to medium and stir until the soup thickens.
- Cut the brie into cubes and add to the soup and stir constantly until the cheese melts.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve at once with crusty bread and top with parsley or chives.