Yellow Squash Soup
- 3 lbs yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- kosher salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
A bright and delicious creamy soup.
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter and oil until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the squash and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. You may have to do it in several batches
- Return mixture to the pot and add the cream. Stir constantly
- Add the salt and white pepper.
- Add the thyme.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Soup may be served hot or cold.