Cod Fish and Oyster Casserole
- 1 lb of cod fillets
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbs minced onions
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 3 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 pint of select oysters, drained, juice reserved
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup of oyster liquor
Cod fish and oysters are prepared in a creamy casserole.
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Add butter to a medium sauce pan and using medium high heat saute the onions until tender.
- Add a pinch of red pepper.
- Combine the crushed saltines with the onions and parsley.
- Place 1/3 of the onion and cracker mixture on the bottom of a 1 and 1/2 qt buttered casserole dish.
- Place the fish and oysters atop of the cracker mixture and season with salt and white pepper.
- Repeat layers, ending with the crumb mixture.
- In a bowl mix the half and half with 1/4 cup of the oyster liquor. Mix well.
- Pour the half and half mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.