Cornish Hens with Wild Rice Stuffing
- 4 Cornish game hens, washed and dried
- 1/2 lemon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 (8oz) box of wild rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tbs butter
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup baked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 8 strips of bacon
These Cornish hens are stuffed with a delicious wild rice stuffing and roasted draped in bacon.
- Rub the cavity and skin of each hen with lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, adding bouillon cube to water.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in parsley, ham and almonds.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine mushroom mixture with cooked rice.
- Stuff hens with mixture.
- Place 2 strips of bacon on top of each hen.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.