Creamy Spinach Casserole
- 4 lbs of fresh spinach or 5 packages of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp marjoram
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
This is a wonderful way to prepare spinach.
- Trim fresh spinach and steam until just wilted.
- Press excess moisture from spinach.
- Saute’ onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients except cheddar cheese.
- Spoon into buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.