Batter Coated Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 thick slices of pepper jack cheese
- 5 slices of French of Italian bread, crusts removed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 tbs of water
- 3 tbs of butter
This is a delicious spicy batter dipped grilled sandwich. You man substitute any cheese you like with this recipe.
- Trim cheese so slices are smaller than the bread.
- Make 4 sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread and 1 slice of the thick sliced cheese.
- Mix the flour, eggs and milk in a bowl then add to a shallow baking dish.
- In a large saute pan, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium high heat.
- Quickly coat the sandwiches, 1 at a time in the milk mixture. Let excess drip off then add the the saute pan.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Cook remaining sandwiches and add more butter if necessary.