Chinese Stir Fried Shrimp with Vegetables
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 2 tbs of canola oil
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- dash of white pepper
- 6 scallions, cut on the bias in 1 inch pieces (white and green parts
- handful of bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch batons
- Mix shrimp with cornstarch and sherry.
- In a wok or large saute pan add canola and sesame oil and using high heat add the shrimp and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside
- Season with a dash of white pepper and remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add soy sauce and more oil if necessary.
- Add scallions, carrots and bean sprouts and stir fry for about 2 minutes then add the shrimp and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve with white rice.