Italian Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
- 4 hot or sweet Italian sausages
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbs oregano
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 Italian sandwich rolls
Classic Sausage and pepper sandwiches.
- In a large saute pan using medium heat add the olive oil.
- Add the sausages and saute, turning frequently and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and add the onions, garlic and peppers.
- Cook peppers and onions turning frequently.
- Season with oregano and salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast the sandwiches in the oven.
- Add the sausages to the sandwich rolls and top with the peppers and onions.