Red Onion Jam
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbs butter
- 3 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
This is a super simple jam to prepare. It is very versatile and can be spread on crusty bread or atop chicken or meatloaf.
- Peel onions and slice thinly.
- In a large saute pan add the butter using medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until soft.
- Add the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and salt, lower heat and continue to saute for another 15 minutes or until the onions are totally caramelized.
- Cool and use as desired.