Apple Bread Pudding
- 2 cups of cubed day old bread
- 4 cups milk (scalded)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (if you eliminate the walnuts increase raisins to 1 cup)
- Place cubed bread in a bowl and pour over with the scalded milk and allow to become well soaked and slightly cool.
- Beat eggs only until mixed and add sugar and vanilla.
- Stir into the bread mixture.
- Add melted butter and stir.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish and pour in pudding.
- Add the apples, walnuts and raisins and incorporate into the pudding.
- Set baking dish in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 75 minutes or when a knife inserted in the middle is not too wet.