Blueberry Crumb Pancakes
- 1 lb (loaf) un-sliced firm white bread, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
- In a large bowl, mix bread, eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk and baking powder.
- Beat until mixture is well blended and bread is finely mixed into a batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Lightly butter a griddle or large saute pan and drop mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto a preheated surface.
- Brown on one side, when you see bubbles start to form on the top, turn pancake over and brown on the other side.
- Serve hot topped with hot blueberry syrup and pats of butte
Recipe courtesy of The North American Blueberry Council